What better way to prepare for Egg White Day on the 3rd of April than with pancakes, not just any pancakes but gluten and dairy free protein pancakes! I think one of the reasons I love pancakes is because they can have so many different toppings, these features yogurt and blueberries, with a sprinkling of granola.
They extra fluffiness of these pancakes comes from the little addition of egg whites. I use Two Chicks egg whites as they are made from free range eggs, you can find out more about Two Chicks here. These pancakes don’t use any whey protein so are completely dairy free, but they still have that fluffy pancake feel. I’ve used Vivo Life perform protein, which is a mix of plant-based proteins, this gives these pancakes a distinctive green colour along with a lovely vanilla taste, if you’re sensitive to dairy then id really recommend trying this out.
As we all know I have a very strong love for pancakes and will most definitely be making some on the 3rd to celebrate Egg White Day. How will you be celebrating? Tag me (@wavesfitness) and Two Chicks (@twochicksproducts) and let us know using the hashtag #eggwhiteday
- 45g Doves Farm Gluten Free Self Raising Flour (you can use normal flour if not sensitive to gluten).
- 15g Vivo Life Madagascan Vanilla perform protein.
- 23g Two Chicks egg white.
- ½ tbsp Bioglan Chia + Flax mix.
- ½ tsp baking powder.
- Oil for cooking – I use either coconut oil or high quality olive oil.
- Sweeter to taste.
- Mix the flour, protein and baking powder in a bowl, I also like to add a bit of cinnamon here ( I’m completely addicted to it) but this is optional.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg white and milk together – key for fluffy pancakes.
- Add the egg and milk mix to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the Chia + Flax mix and stir through, leave to sit for a couple of minutes to thicken and stir again.
- Heat the oil in a man on medium heat, add 1-2 spoonfuls of the mix to the pan. When bubbles start to appear, after about 1-2 minutes, flip the pancakes and cook for a further minute. Repeat until you have used all the mix.
- Stack them high and add all your favourite toppings!
Macros: 284kcal, 7.1g fat, 38.4g carbs, 3.5g fibre, 17.4g protein.
Remember if you make any of my recipes to take a picture, post it to Instagram and tag me @wavesfitness and use the hashtag #wavescreations