Next time you go to Pret have the beets, squash and feta Super Bowl, trust me, its amazing. Anyway this is what gave me inspiration for this extremely quick and simple meal prep. I managed to whip up 3 lots of this while my mum was cooking a roast, yes, it’s really that easy. This is definitely one for people who don’t enjoy cooking, you can simply get the quinoa going and chop up the rest.
I use pre-cooked beetroot in this recipe mainly because it’s a thousand times easier and cleaner than boiling your own, and there is not much price difference. I’m going to put a big warning here – beetroot stains! So please be careful opening the packet, I’ve been there, stood at the counter covered in beetroot juice thinking how the hell I’m going to get it out my clothes!
For 1 serving – multiply up by however many you need.
- 30g Feta
- 50g Cooked beetroot
- 15g Spinach
- 50g Pumpkin
- 30g (uncooked) 3 colour quinoa blend
- Cook the quinoa in a big saucepan – bring it to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or follow packet instructions.
- Chop the pumpkin into 1 cm chunks, steam for 5 minutes.
- Strain and run the pumpkin and quinoa under cool water and leave to drip.
- Meanwhile chop the beetroot and feta into chunks and measure out the spinach.
- Divide up the meals into containers and refrigerate, sit back and enjoy all the time you have saved.
Remember if you make any of my recipes to take a picture, post it to Instagram and tag me @wavesfitness and use the hashtag #wavescreations