One of my favourite meal preps, my mum loves moroccan spices and flavours so I have spent a lot of time eating her amazing creations. I’ve tried to capture those flavours in a much easier, more portable way with this meal prep recipe. Roasted red peppers may look very fancy, but they are probably the easiest part of this recipe. Just leave them in the oven for a while, peal them, and hey preto, you have an extremely tasty side to your meal.
For 1 serving – multiply up by however many you need.
- 1 Sainsbury Turkey Breast Steak.
- 50g (dry weight) brown basmati rice.
- 100g red pepper.
- Coconut oil.
- ⅛ tsp each salt and pepper.
- ¼ tsp zahtar
- ¼ tsp harrisa
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees – i use a fan oven.
- Slice the peppers into quarters and place on tray with baking parchment and place in the oven for 30 minuters
- While the peppers are cooking, boil a large saucepan of water and cook the rice according to packet instructions, this is usually 20 – 25 minutes. once cooked drain, rinse under cold water and let drip.
- Mix all the seasonings, salt, pepper, zantar and harris a in a small pot. cover the turkey breasts in the seasoning mix. cook turkey to packet instructions, i cook mine in the George Foreman grill for 5 minutes. once cooked place on a plate to cool
- Check the peppers, the skin should appear charred, if not, place back in the oven and periodically check them. once the pepper are cooked the skins can be removed by carefully peeling them off.
- When everything has cooled you can box up your portions and relax knowing you have some amazing food prepped!
Remember if you make any of my recipes to take a picture, post it to Instagram and tag me @wavesfitness and use the hashtag #wavescreations