Hey! The blog posts have returned, I took a mini break from writing blog posts as I was, almost literally, drowning in school work – there’s too much paper for my liking – and then being typical Alisha I got ill in the school holidays, unlucky I know. So a an ambulance ride and a few doctors appointments later I am on a mission to find out what is going on with my stomach and gall bladder, if you follow me on Instagram you will have probably seen my countless rants about this! Right, enough of that, let’s get back to the important stuff like FOOD.
Coming late to the post Halloween pumpkin baking, but after being ill I felt I had missed out. So in an attempt to use up the pumpkin I brought and satisfy my severe cookie cravings (it was bad guys) I made these. Just the right amount of crumble for me, perfect for snacking on the go or stuffing inside of bagels… I have done both multiple times!
These can be made gluten free by simply using gluten free oats, and as usual this recipe is dairy free to save my poor stomach, and refined sugar free! I love using natural sweetener in place of refined sugars in my recipes and Truvia by far tastes the best. You can easily make this recipe your own by adding in different spices and if you’re feeling particularly cheeky some chocolate chips, because what isn’t better with chocolate?
- 60g oats.
- 70g oat flour.
- 18g Truvia.
- ¼ tsp cinnamon.
- ¼ tsp. salt.
- ¼ tsp. baking soda.
- 80g pumpkin puree (or boiled pumpkin, pureed).
- 1 ½ tbsp. Hi-Pro peanut butter (any nut butter will work).
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract.
- 1 tbsp. Koko coconut milk – if the mix isn’t coming together.
- Preheat oven to 180
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients, softening the peanut butter if needed.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until well combined, if the mix looks too dry, or won’t come together add the coconut milk tbsp. by tbsp.
- Form 12 balls and place on a sheet of baking parchment and gently flatten.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then let cool for an additional 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Macros(1 of 12): 55kcal, 9.4g carbs, 1.7g fat, 1.8g protein.
Remember if you make any of my recipes to take a picture, post it to Instagram and tag @wavesfitness and use the hashtag #wavescreations