Sometimes I don’t actually eat sweet food 24/7, I know, hard to believe. But when I fancy something different this is one of my favorite things to quickly whip up. Minimal effort with a maximum wow factor!
With this healthy recipe you can get that pizza feel for breakfast with an extra kick of protein and good fats from the egg. I believe that if I start the day off well with a good breakfast I will be a more productive person. Alternatively you could be like me and eat this at lunch, I’m all for the “all day breakfast” approach!
You can easily customize this recipe and add other toppings such as meats or nice cheeses. Or even make this vegan by removing the egg and substituting another protein source such as tofu or beans. I would love to know if you make any variations!
- 1 flatbread or tortilla – I used a BFree multigrain wrap.
- 70g cherry tomatoes.
- 25g spinach.
- 1 egg.
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste.
- Salt and pepper + any other seasonings you enjoy.
- Preheat grill to 200 degrees, or high gas.
- Chop the spinach into ribbons and quarter the cherry tomatoes, set aside.
- Spread the tomato paste evenly across the flatbread or tortilla. Sprinkle on the spinach ribbons and cherry tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and any other seasonings – I used oregano and chili flakes.
- Carefully crack the egg in the center of the flatbread.
- Place on a baking tray – I used a perforated pizza tray to make sure it cooked evenly.
- Grill for 6-10 minutes until the egg cooked to your liking.
- Take a picture, post it on Instagram and tag @wavesfitness and #wavescreations
Macros: 203kcal, 7g fat, 23g carbs, 7g fiber, 12g protein.