I love food to have a lot of taste and believe healthy meals should never be bland because this really isn’t fun.
All the spices in this recipe are easy to find in any supermarket. I have a habit of doing a huge bulk order of my favourite ‘special’ spices from Seasoned Pioneers. I’ve found these to be particularly good and I always end up buying a new spice to try. The harissa I use is Belazu which is a specialist brand and is a very nice mix.
Harrisa and Zahtar is always one of my ‘go to’ flavour combinations, it’s very hard to beat! I find it amazing that two ingredients and a couple of seconds seasoning (no long marinating!) can make such an amazing taste.
In this recipe I’ve used Cauli Rice instead of normal rice or pasta to lower the carbs, but you can sub for any grain you like. This recipe is particularly good for low carb days or if you want to save your carbs for something else – hello big bowl of oats!
- Pure olive oil spray.
- 2 chicken breasts.
- 1 packet Cauli Rice.
- 300g butternut squash.
- 150g green beans.
- 2 tbsp. diced parsley.
- Lemon slices.
- ½ – 1 tbsp. Harrisa.
- Zahtar (can sub dried thyme).
- Lemon slices.
- Salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Warm an oiled tray.
- Chop the butternut into 1.5cm cubes. Place on the warmed baking tray, spray with pure olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 25 – 35 minutes.
- Score the chicken breast diagonally and place on an oiled baking tray. Season with salt and pepper, a shake of Zahtar and ¼ – ½ tsp. Harrisa per chicken breast. Push the spices down into the cuts; this makes it even tastier! Top with a couple of lemon slices and cover with foil. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Steam the green beans for 6 minutes.
- Dice the parsley finely.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and take off the foil, lemon slices, and excess liquid. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Cook the Cauli Rice as per packet instruction – usually in the microwave luckily!
- Chop the green beans into 1.5cm lengths. Mix the Cauli Rice, green beans, butternut and diced parsley in a bowl.
- Serve the chicken on top of the Cauli Rice with a squeeze of lemon and some parsley.
- Turn off all mobile phones (after taking a quick photo), disconnect from the internet and enjoy your food!
Macros: 313kcal, 5.8g fat, 20.9g carbs, 6.7g fiber, 42g protein.