Who doesn’t love a burger? I have recreated the classic burger feel in this much healthier meal. I used Muscle Food Premium Lite Beef™ Burgers, which I am really impressed with and would definitely recommend! I cooked them for 6 minutes on each side under the grill. A mix of sweet potato can be used in this recipe; I used regular orange sweet potato and white sweet potato as I’m still on the hunt for purple sweet potatoes. I’m a fan of a bit of crunch and usually top my salads with The Food Doctor Savory Seed Blend, as this is so much more convenient than toasting seeds myself. Tomato sauce is an all round winner for burgers and so many different herbs can be added and swapped around here, I used dried oregano and chives, but you can also add parsley or fresh basil. If you use fresh basil, tear and add it just before serving to preserve the flavour.
- Pure olive oil spray.
- 2 beef burgers.
- 500g sweet potato.
- 200g cherry tomatoes, on the vine.
- Salt and pepper.
- Handful of chives.
- Fresh or dried oregano, to taste.
- Chili flakes, to taste.
- Green/mixed salad.
- Toasted seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into 2cm chunks.
- Place on a warmed oiled tray. Spray with pure olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Take the burgers out of the fridge.
- Preheat the grill to 180 degrees, and the cook burgers in accordance with packet instructions.
- Quarter the tomatoes and add to a frying pan sprayed with pure olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using scissors snip the chives into small pieces, add chives, oregano or fresh basil and a pinch of chili flakes to the tomato sauce.
- Cook for ten minutes on a medium heat, adding a tbsp. of water if needed.
- Prepare salad and sprinkle with toasted seeds.
- Serve the burger on the sweet potatoes and top with a large dollop of tomato sauce.
- Turn off all mobile phones (after taking a quick photo), disconnect from the internet and enjoy your food!
Macros (using Muscle Food burger): 566 kcal, 57.3g carbs, 25.1 fat, 28.4g protein.